BlackBery Perl and bluetooth dialup

So I have a blackberry Perl and on and off I have tried using Dial Up Networking. T-Mobile allows me to connect to them, go through all the steps and get to starting pppd then they dont give me an IP. I have tried telling them that i want 0.0.0.0 which they acked and let me do. T-Mobile’s tech support said sorry we hand everything to Reseach in Motion contact them. Which I have not yet done but really should. Does anyone out there have it working? it seems it should not be as hard as it is. I have a internal modem that in the past I tested on a seperate data only plan. It worked then but used a different APN. I have tested with the APN that I have to use with blackberry wap.voicestream.com which gives the exact same result as the blackberry. So I have narrowed it down to one of two things. RIM is doing something really really stupid or I need to pass some obscure flag ( which takes me back to 1 ) so if someone knows how to fix this please let me know. another option is that i pay for an additional line and data plan, which i dont have need for often enough for doing. Which would give me the added benefit of having wireless access at any T-Mobile hotspot. I just can’t justify the cost.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.